Calendar of Events
Email or call 973-386-0034 for more information about participating in the upcoming events.
- April 21, 2013: Creating Compassion. Do you have a young animal lover in your life? Mt. Pleasant Animal Shelter will be holding a workshop for children ages 7-12 years old to teach our smallest supporters what an animal shelter is, how we save the animals in our community, and what they can do to help. This workshop will be held on Sunday, April 21 at the shelter from 10am-12pm. Children will enjoy a personal tour and discussion with our Director of Operations, a meet and greet with our adoptable dogs and cats, a presentation from our alumni pets, and a fun craft activity. The cost is $20 per child, with all proceeds to benefit the animals at Mt. Pleasant. For more information, please contact Rebecca.
- April 25, 2013:Vendor Fair. On Thursday April 25th, 2013 Mt. Pleasant Animal Shelter will hold their second annual Vendor Fair from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm at the Shelter. Come and find the perfect Mother’s Day gift while helping to support and find homes for homeless cats and dogs. Among the offerings will be photography, jewelry and personalized bags and crafts. There will also be plenty of fun items for your favorite furry friends. You will be able to purchase many of the items from their creators and in some cases purchase customized treasures. Enjoy a great time, find those perfect gifts (or that special treat for yourself!) all while helping a great cause. A portion of the evening’s proceeds will go to the Shelter.
- April 26-28, 2013: Pets for Seniors Weekend. All seniors age 60 and over can enjoy special discounts and gifts when adopting this weekend. Animals from 1-5 years of age are $50 off their adoption fee. Animals over age 5 are $100. off! For this special weekend only, we are also offering discounts on pets age 5 and above to all qualified adopters. Ask for details!
- May 2, 2013: Please join us at Mt. Pleasant Animal Shelter for a free workshop for future pet adopters. This workshop will cover all of the basics when it comes to adopting your first shelter pet, including what type of dog to adopt, crate training, nutrition, and much more! This is a great workshop for first time dog owners, or a family who may be thinking of adopting a dog soon- all ages are welcome. For more information, please contact Rebecca.
- May 9, 2013: Wine Tasting Event. On Thursday May 9th, 2013, Mt. Pleasant Animal Shelter will hold our third annual Wine Tasting Event from 7:00 pm to 9:30 pm at the Hanover Manor in East Hanover, NJ. Come sample new wines and spirits from around the world (including wines from Mt. Pleasant Animal Shelters own line) along with some delectable treats. A Silent Auction will be held featuring wonderful items that you just might not be able to resist. Join us for a wonderful evening of great wine and food all for a great cause. Reserve your tickets today before this event is sold out. Admission is $50 per person and may be purchased online at the Shelter’s website. Tickets can be purchased at the door for $55. You must be 21 or older to attend. If you have questions please email Suzanne.