Calendar of Events
Email or call 973-386-0034 for more information about participating in the upcoming events.
- March 16, 2014: Please join us at Affinity Fitness on Sunday, March 16 from 10:30am-12:00pm for a Zumba® benefit for the Mt. Pleasant Animal Shelter. There will be over 11 amazing Zumba® instructors donating their time for this great cause. Minimum donation of $15.00 to participate. Registration at the door: Affinity Fitness, 50 Route 10 West, Whippany, NJ (www.affinityfitnessusa.com).
- March 23, 2014: Do you have a young animal lover in your life? Mt. Pleasant Animal Shelter will be hosting our annual "Creating Compassion" workshop for children ages 8-12. On Sunday, March 23rd from 9:30am-11:30am, join us for a morning of shelter talk with presentations, hands on learning, and most importantly- ADOPTABLE ANIMALS! Children will enjoy a personal tour and discussion with our Shelter staff, a meet and greet with our adoptable dogs and cats, a presentation from our alumni pets, and a fun craft activity. $20 per child; all proceeds benefit Mt. Pleasant Animal Shelter. For more information, please email Rebecca.
- April 12, 2014: Keep your pet safe by getting them microchipped at our Low-Cost Microcipping Clinic. At Acura of Denville (3109 New Jersey 10, Denville, NJ 07834) from 10am-12pm on Saturday, April 12, you can get your pet microchipped for just $25 per animal. Proof of Rabies Vaccine is required and dogs must be on leash and cats must come in carriers. Mt. Pleasant Animal Shelter’s adoptable dogs will be on site and Acura of Denville will also be collecting supplies for our homeless pets.
- April 25, 2014: Our annual Tricky Tray is sold out; however we are still accepting donations of goods or services for the event. This is a great opportunity for business looking to advertise their services while making a difference in the lives of homeless animals. Any individuals or businesses looking to donate gift certificates or products for the Tricky Tray can download our response form.
- May 1, 2014: Mt. Pleasant Animal Shelter will hold our fourth annual Vendor Fair from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm on May 1st at the Shelter. Come and find the perfect Mother's Day, Graduation or hostess gift while helping to support and find homes for homeless cats and dogs. Among the offerings will be photography, jewelry and personalized bags and crafts. There will also be plenty of fun items for your favorite furry friends. You will be able to purchase many of the items from their creators and in some cases purchase customized treasures. Enjoy a great time, find those perfect gifts (or that special treat for yourself!) all while helping a great cause. A portion of the evening's proceeds will go to the Shelter. VENDORS WANTED – please contact Abby for more information.
- May 1, 2014: Come explore the wine regions of the world at a tasting to benefit the homeless animals at Mt. Pleasant Animal Shelter. Our 5th Annual Wine Tasting & Silent Auction will be held on Wednesday, May 14th from 7 to 9:30pm at the Hanover Manor (16 Eagle Rock Avenue, East Hanover, NJ). Tickets are $50 per person and reservations can be made online (mention “Wine Tasting” in comments section) or by emailing or calling (973-386-0068) Suzanne. Tickets can be purchased at the door for $55 per person.
Save the Date
- June 14, 2014: Garage Sale
- September 21, 2014: Mutts Mania
- December 6 through 14, 2014: Holiday Fair